Fedora for tiny devices - exessive dependencies

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 20:20:39 UTC 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007 16:12:25 Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Why it's necessary to *require* fedora-release-notes to be installed?
> If it would be a completely independent package everyone would be
> satisfied.

As stated, if you came from a Fedora release that didn't have the split out
package, you wouldn't get the new release notes upon update, you'd just have
your old release notes removed.  That and some of us feel that release notes
are part of the "Fedora Standard Base", things we're not interested in seeing
removed and still having something called Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora