Fedora for tiny devices - exessive dependencies

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Apr 4 08:26:40 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote :

> On Tuesday 03 April 2007 14:30:38 Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Subpackages might be the answer here -- having everything in one src.rpm is
> > hugely helpful, but I don't think there's a need to restrict to one
> > resultant RPM.
>
> The compose tools work on the rpms level, not the srpms.

But they also take care of dependencies properly, right?

We could easily have the "fedora-logos" srpm creating many different
rpms, of which one would be for instance "fedora-logos-grub" providing
"system-logos-grub" and containing only the images grub requires, thus
not pulling in all of the huge backgrounds, splash screens etc. on
minimal systems.

Things would just work. I think this is what Matthew meant ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6
Load : 0.12 0.31 0.45