Plan for tomorrows (20070405) FESCO meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 5 01:17:26 UTC 2007

Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
> in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:
>
> /topic FESCo meeting -- Packaging Committee Report -- spot, abadger1999,
> rdieter, tibbs, scop
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- Core Package Review Process -- warren
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- new sponsor nominations anyone?
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- cvs-import changes - has Jens patch been
> applied?
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- Package Database - abadger1999
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- Extras 7 preparation - nirik?
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- Broken Upgrades paths - jwb
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- EPEL
>
> /topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora
>
> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule (I can't promise we will get
> to it tomorrow, but we'll most likely will if we don't run out of time).

Do consider adding Packaging Conflicts to the topics. The number of
packaging conflicts are way higher than necessary. It probably someone/a
team to retroactively review,  clean up all the existing packages, form
guidelines to avoid conflicts and add a check on the QA review too to
avoid this on future packages.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-April/msg00017.html

Rahul