Summary of the 2007-04-03 Packaging Committee meeting
Jason L Tibbitts III
tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Apr 5 04:10:24 UTC 2007
Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging committee meeting which
occurred on 2007-04-03 are online:
The following drafts are now official guidelines, having been accepted
by FESCO last week:
* Modifications to the Naming Guidelines for handling non-numeric
* Mandating that filenames in RPMs be utf8:
* Additional dist-related macros:
* Note that redhat-rpm-config is being updated to provide these
macros. Currently the F7 version has them.
No issues are submitted to FESCO for ratification this week.
* The issue of noarch packages which are not intended for all
architectures was raised. A draft is being written and everyone is
urged to contribute.
More information about the Fedora-maintainers