Packages with "fc6" name in Fedora 7

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Apr 8 17:31:41 UTC 2007

On So April 8 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> My take: I'm not sure if that's really worth the trouble and we are
> quite late in the game for Fedora 7. So maybe we should just ignore this
> for Fedora 7 and find a better solution for F8 and later.

We can do it for FC8 without at as much traffic as now, given yum-presto is
then widely used. Also I doubt, that there will be much confusion, as there
are already packages without a disttag and I do not see much confusion about
it. Also the fedora-release-notes packages mentions Fedora 5.92 in its
summary and description and nobody seems to be confused.

Regards,
Till