check-buildroot and check-rpaths to redhat-rpm-config?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Apr 9 19:10:09 UTC 2007

Hello,

Now that there's activity on the buildsys-macros/redhat-rpm-config front,
would it be possible to move the following scripts from rpmdevtools to one of
those packages?

/usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
/usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
/usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths-worker

The reason for this is that I'd like to add some new utilities to rpmdevtools
which come with some new dependencies, and I don't think it's good to have
the base buildsys package set grow because of those.  And those check-*
scripts fit better in redhat-rpm-config IMO.

Another approach could be to split those scripts in a rpmdevtools subpackage,
or move them to a buildsys-* package that is shipped in the normal repos.

Moving them away from rpmdevtools and rpmdevtools away from the base package
set would also allow purging a few things that get pulled in just because of
some rpmdevtools dependencies that aren't really relevant in build roots.

Opinions?