Using Koji for building Extras

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Apr 12 18:50:39 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

Just a couple of quick questions:

> While we don't feel comfortable with the build resources to move Core over
> to koji, we obviously have enough resources to build Extras.

Hm, in terms of package numbers inside one arch, Extras devel is over twice
the size of Core devel.  Just curious what makes Core's build resource
demands obviously higher than Extras'?  More archs, more big packages to
build?

> What do you all think of this plan, or the idea in general of getting
> Extras to use Koji now, while we wait for more hardware to be able to merge
> in Core?

Hard to say; what does moving to koji mean for the Joe Average packager, and
is there something in it that is required ASAP and plague doesn't do?
Without knowledge of such things, I tend to think making the move at the same
time for both and also making it possible for ex-Core packages to have
dependencies on ex-Extras ones also at the same time would sound quite
natural.  Not enough info to have a strong opinion though.