Fedora 7 Test 4 freeze Tuesday the 17th

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Apr 14 11:09:23 UTC 2007

On Saturday 14 April 2007 05:45:02 Linus Walleij wrote:
> I think I have the same question as Hans here, is it:
>
> 1. Jesse tags all packages that are to go in F7 in CVS at the 17th with
>     some F7-tag and what you need permission for is to bump that tag to a
>     later .spec/sources etc.
>
> Or is it:
>
> 2. On the 17th and until F7 branch off, the living CVS devel branch is
>     going to be == F7, so don't make any non-bugfix changes in devel until
>     we finally branch!
>
> This is all I wanna know...

It's almost both.

I will be creating an f7-gold or what have you tag in the build system.  As of
the freeze day, I will tag all the latest builds with said tag.  Anything you
do in devel/ and build will still go to a 'dist-fc7' tag (I may actually
start sending them to dist-fc8, not sure yet, need to discuss with release
team), however during the freeze, rawhide will only pull packages tagged
with 'fc7-gold'.  In order to get a build you've done into rawhide and into
the final Fedora 7 release, you must follow the policy
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/DevelFreezePolicy .

At the same time, CVS has not been branched yet, so you should keep the devel/
branch free of any non-bugfix changes until such time that we branch CVS.
When the branch happens has not been decided yet, we'll need to discuss that
with the rel-eng team.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora