Question on how to handled "GPL with exceptions" in a package review.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:41:41 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Probably the former. Please post the license text, or throw the bugzilla
> number at me.

pigment ticket: 233597
elisa ticket: 233598

both have the same additional clause.  The text of the additional clause is:

Fluendo hereby grants permission for anyone under a valid license distributing
Fluendo's non-GPL compatible GStreamer plugins to distribute and use them
together with GStreamer and Elisa. This permission is above and beyond the
permissions granted by the GPL license by which Elisa is covered. If you
modify this code, you may extend this permission to your version of the code,
but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this
exception statement from your version.

Like I said this looks fine to me, but I hadn't run across an
exceptions situation yet in a review.

-jef