Summary of the 2007-04-17 Packaging Committee meeting
Jason L Tibbitts III
tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Apr 17 23:33:08 UTC 2007
Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging meeting which occurred
on 2007.04.17 are online:
The following drafts are now official guidelines, having been accepted
by FESCO last week:
* A statement of the responsibilities of reviewers and packagers during
the package review process
* Guidelines for conflicting packages and the use of Conflicts:
These should be written into the guidelines soon if this hasn't
already been done by the time you read this.
Issues pending FESCO ratification:
* Minor clarifications to the filename encoding guidelines:
* The guidelines contained a few references to fedora-extras-list;
these have been altered to point to fedora-devel-list instead.
We went ahead and made the change because extras-list is gone, but
FESCO should ack these changes.
* The Committee waded with much trepidation into the issue of
guidelines for the creation of users and groups. This is a complex
issue which I won't attempt to summarize, but it will require
significantly more discussion.
* Meeting time: We'll have to block out time in a wiki table and try
to narrow something down. At the moment it looks like 1600UTC
satisfies the most people, except for cutting into f13's lunchtime.
More information about the Fedora-maintainers