Spilt libperl from perl

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 19:17:58 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> During the last FESCO meeting there was (reluctant?) agreement that
> splitting libperl.so from perl would be a better solution to workaround
> our broken multilib policy than to split perl sub-packages out of
> everything that breaks due to perl.i386 being removed from F7 x86-64.
>
> Is this going to happen?

In today's Release Engineering meeting, it was decided that the libperl
multilib conflicts are a Test4 blocker.  So we need to split libperl.so
into a sub-package.

The attached patch could theoretically do this, but I haven't been able
to make a successful build.

This patch is also sub-optimal in that the defined compat version dirs
need to be modified manually in yet another part of the spec whenever
they change.  I thought about using a filelist to allow dynamic
generation of this based on %{perlmodcompat}, but there does not seem to
be a way to use a filelist in %exclude of the main perl package to make
this possible

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com