Spilt libperl from perl

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Apr 23 20:24:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:36:36PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> That won't work unless you're really really lucky, most configure scripts
> and makefiles are not written with this in mind, and thus fail miserably.
>
> Also things like pkg-config for example will still look under
> /usr/lib64/pkgconfig even when run with/through setarch i386.

The case I have in mind is not somebody taking a random project and
trying to use i386 libs, but more somebody with knowledge of the
software he is using, and ready to modify the configure scripts and
makefiles for this kind of multilib development. I think that it should
be possible for such a user to achieve developping i386 stuff on
x86_64 without resorting to installing thinigs by hand or using a
chroot.

--
Pat