Spilt libperl from perl

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 23:17:15 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 16:50:53 Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Perl should once again be multilib with tonight's rawhide.
>
> Hmmm ... recently you've said it (Perl multi-lib) doesn't work at all.

Perl the interpreter won't necessarily, but it appears libperl.so did work as
multilib, or at least it let deps resolve and nobody has noticed that it
didn't work.

> > This problem wouldn't have come up had we already been merged, since
> > pidgin would be available during the compose, depsolved, and brought in
> > the perl multilib.
>
> Pidgin introduces a full new set of packages, which replace/obsolete the
> old gaim packages. Isn't that enough to upgrade from an old fc6 multi-lib
> gaim to the fc7 64-bit pidgin?

I don't have a ton of faith in things correctly going from multilib to
non-multilib and having the obsoletes do the right thing.  Given we're at
test4, I'm going for the least intrusive change, which is to make perl.
[i386,ppc64] show up in the i386/ppc repos.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora