Plan for tomorrows (20070426) FESCO meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 25 22:59:24 UTC 2007

Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
> next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
> in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:
>
> /topic FESCo meeting -- Packaging Committee Report -- spot, abadger1999,
> rdieter, tibbs, scop
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- new sponsor nominations anyone?
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- Package Database - abadger1999
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- F7 preparation
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- Broken Upgrades paths - jwb
>
> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- EPEL
>
> /topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora
>
> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule (I can't promise we will get
> to it tomorrow, but we'll most likely will if we don't run out of time).
> You can also propose topics in the meeting while it is in the "Free
> discussion around Fedora" phase.

Few things:

* Discuss which of the policies documented in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy are still
relevant and applicable and update it to cover the whole repository.

* Policy (such as licensing) is intermixed in the packaging guidelines
too. Decide which ones are to separated out.

* Decide on a place to post meeting mins and how to do it. I would
suggest under http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/. There was some
discussions about not posting meeting logs in the wiki but post to
mailing list and point to it from the wiki to avoid scalability issues.
If you are going to continue posting to the wiki, irclog2html like
Release Engineering meetings at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/. I find it more readable.

Rahul