[F8/multilib] {,/usr}/{,s}bin64 (was: Split libperl from perl)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 26 19:00:21 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 19:16 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> God, I hate it when people trim away the important parts. Aow you
> assume again your model of "review everything once again, we'll split
> off all bins by F10-F11", but I'm still in this year, and want Fedora
> to do something more then rereviewing all its specfiles several times
> a year.

Ah, I see.

So for the sake of sanity, I shall just pretend that when I asked for
clarification by quoting "punched install/remove holes?" when you
claimed they were "firmly embedded in the multilib design", your
response was as follows:

-> > 'punched install/remove holes'?
->
-> No, I misspoke. Those, along with the 'rpm special handling' of which
-> I spoke, are not firmly embedded in the multilib design; they were
-> just another problem created by another bad short-term decision, as
-> you said.

--
dwmw2