[F8/multilib] {,/usr}/{,s}bin64 (was: Split libperl from perl)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Apr 27 13:35:12 UTC 2007

Hm, I apologise. I had previously said:

"We've spent too long trying to take short-cuts and do the easiest thing
in the _short_ term for multilib -- and it shows. It's time to start
doing it properly, IMHBCO.

"I'll entertain discussion about whether banning these conflicts is
'proper', but with all due respect I'm not too interested in discussion
about the fact that it might actually take a small amount of work to fix
the packaging so that we can remove this dirty problematic filecolours
hack from RPM."

And despite that earlier statement, I let myself get drawn back into
such a discussion. I should have resisted.

--
dwmw2