[F8/multilib] {,/usr}/{,s}bin64 (was: Split libperl from perl)

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri Apr 27 16:48:55 UTC 2007

On Friday, 27 April 2007 at 18:35, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 17:10 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > mplayer on certain codecs come to mind, which would also benefit from
> > allowing both of them to install. mplayer foo fails? Then just try
> > /usr/bin/mplayer foo? It just works w/o packaging mplayer-32 on
> > x86_64? Great.
>
> This is solved with our existing setup, by just installing the 32-bit
> mplayer and not the 64-bit one.

And there's very little reason to install the 32bit one, unless you
absolutely need to play Windows Media Audio v3 or Windows Media Video v2.
The first one hasn't been reverse-engineered yet and the other is not fully
implemented (J-frames are not decoded properly). Oh, and maybe Intel
Indeo4/5, too, but that's it.

Regards,
R.

--