When are kernels removed from the download repository? (was Re: Policy for retiring packages?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 1 13:43:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:35:01AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:11:28 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > When I wrote the above post it contained both kernels. Can that be a
> > "half updated mirror"? If so this should be fixed to present changes
> > atomically and also authitative, e.g. update
> > download.fedora.redhat.com first ion the scripts then push to the
> > rsync hosts.
>
> d.f.r.c /is/ the rsync host.  Content gets rsynced to a netapp store in
> Raleigh, NC.  netapp is constantly 'snapmirror' to mirror that content
> out to public facing netapps which are both d.f.r.c and also the rsync
> points for the rest of the mirroring system.  So it is somewhat
> possible to catch a public mirror in a half updated state.

Yes, but it was download.fedora.redhat.com itself that had both
kernels, that doesn't match quite with what you write.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net