Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 6 20:25:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:24:46AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> But we're not talking about a secondary arch, we're talking about a
> primary arch.  Like it or not, ppc (and thus ppc64) is a primary arch
> set and must addressed just like the other primary arches.

Are you sure, check out

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2007-06-12

Maybe someone should look again in the logs, the summary says:

# PPC will remain a primary architecture until:

   1. secondary arch process is finalized
   2. there are no other secondary architectures

# Board approves and welcomes ARM as a secondary architecture

item 2. was already fulfilled by the same board meeting, so the above
boils down to:

# ppc and arm will become secondary archs once the
  infrastructure/process is in place

So they already are secondary archs waiting for the implementation
(which mainly means that koji doesn't tag task build failures for
these archs as fatal, doesn't sound too difficult to implement). We
now have the 1% gain for 100% pain situation the secondary arch
proposal wanted to avoid.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net