Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 6 21:01:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 04:51:31PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 22:21 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > The same board decided shortly before that once there is another
> > secondary arch besides ppc they would both be treated as such.
>
> I actually attended that meeting, and this is not what the board
> decided.

OK, someone please fix the recap then:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2007-06-12

> They decided to defer the question of where ppc would land until another
> secondary arch was successfully implemented. Until then, it remains a
> primary arch.

"PPC will remain a primary architecture until <some requirements are
 fulfilled>"

I read it differently, but whoever has the logs and is empowered to
fix the summary should do so.

In this case take my request to finalize this topic. Unless a relevant
arch is tagged as secondary *before* there is a mechanism to deal with
secondary archs there will never be a secondary arch mechanism, and if
all archs save themselves into the primary arch boat that way, we'll
live forever in a catch22, e.g. we'll only have primary archs support
ot no support at all.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net