Font packages changes required for dropping chkfontpath/xfs

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 00:48:25 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:
>> 2. The symlink will be actively wrong while doing the RPM
>> build/install, because it won't account for the BuildRoot:
>> directories.

> This is false.  In fact, with relative, they'll be right more often
> than not.

Hmm?  To get down to cases, the symlink I need is going to live at
/usr/share/pgsql/timezone (barring relocation of the package, something
I'd someday like to have work), and needs to point to
/usr/share/zoneinfo.  I believe you're suggesting that I create it as
../zoneinfo.  That is not going to work when it's sitting in
/var/tmp/postgresql-something-root/usr/share/pgsql, because the zoneinfo
files are not part of my package; there will not be anything at
/var/tmp/postgresql-something-root/usr/share/zoneinfo.  If they *were*
part of my package then you'd be correct.

			regards, tom lane