No python in koji

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 19:23:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:15:16 +0200
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

> OK, but that's only half the story, what about
>
> %{!?python_sitearch:%global python_sitearch %(%{__python} -c "from
> distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib(1)")}
>
> which is not defined and needed. And for anything that will require a
> call to perl/python/ruby etc. to determine some parameters. It looks
> like koji expands the specfile macros before it pulls in the
> dependencies, so if it isn't in the minimal buildroot you can't use
> something in %().

Which is harmless for every case we've seen.  Since you don't list
Requires: python-abi stuff anymore the Requires line isn't evaluated at
this moment when the spec file is parsed for what the BuildRequires
are.  Once the BuildRequires are in place and the build is started, all
those things are there to do the evaluation and complete the build.

If you continue to get build failures /after/ removing the Requires:
python-abi stuff let me know and show me the logs.

--
Jesse Keating