No python in koji

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Aug 17 19:47:12 UTC 2007

AT> No, I guess it won't, it only errored out on the Requires. But I
AT> still feel this is very thin ice we're walking on.

The method is required for everything else that wants to encode some
information into the spec which is gathered by running something which
is BuildRequire:d.  All Ruby and PHP packages, for example.

AT> for another we preclude many use cases of %() in specfiles,
AT> e.g. anything that will break rpm's specfile parses if %() returns
AT> %{nil}.

You define your macros in such a way that they are provided
meaningless but syntactically correct values in the case that the
necessary executables aren't there.

 - J<