Fedora branding and fedorapeople.org

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Aug 31 14:33:04 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote :

> On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 16:12 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:31 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've sort of "ripped off" some existing Fedora CSS to use on my own
> > > Fedora hosted page. I've looked at the "Trademark Guidelines" linked
> > > from that very page, but I have to admit that it's a bit too long and
> > > complex for me to understand.
> > >
> > > Since I'm not spinning off or forking anything, and using it as part of
> > > the Fedora project itself, is it okay for me to do so?
> > >
> > > http://thias.fedorapeople.org/
> > >
> > > Just wondering :-) If not, I'll just have to spend a little time on
> > > creating a different layout.
> > >
> > > Matthias
> > >
> > > (If anyone is curious about the .htaccess I use for IndexOptions and
> > > SSI, feel free to peek around my home directory, the .htaccess should
> > > be readable through ssh, unlike through http)
> > >

> Okay - the above look really good, imo. What if we made them the default
> for index outputs for the system?

Dunno... maybe some people like the default apache listings. And some
things are a matter of taste (I prefer without the icons for instance).

But the default "AllowOverride All" is already pretty cool, as it lets
anyone customize their page quite a bit.

Either way, I don't really care, since we'll all still be able to
override whatever we want ;-)

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.5-71.fc7
Load : 2.03 1.57 1.47