Re: When are kernels removed from the download repository? (was Re: Policy for retiring packages?)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 08:27:40PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 01:27:06 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm ATrpms net> wrote:
>
> > This seems to not hold true for the kernel packages, currently both 33
> > and 41 are in updates-released.
> >
> > (not that I mind, but I wanted to understand the retiring policy to be
> > able to react better with kernel supproting packages, aka kmdls)
>
> Erm, the only way this can happen is if you're looking at a half
> updated mirror.  The canonical source for this in the Fedora colo in
> Phoenix has...
>
> $ ls /mnt/koji/mash/updates/f7-updates/i386/kernel-* |grep 33
> [jkeating koji scripts]$

What about

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/7/SRPMS/

When I wrote the above post it contained both kernels. Can that be a
"half updated mirror"? If so this should be fixed to present changes
atomically and also authitative, e.g. update
download.fedora.redhat.com first ion the scripts then push to the
rsync hosts.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net