When are kernels removed from the download repository? (was Re: Policy for retiring packages?)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 13:35:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:11:28 +0200
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

> When I wrote the above post it contained both kernels. Can that be a
> "half updated mirror"? If so this should be fixed to present changes
> atomically and also authitative, e.g. update
> download.fedora.redhat.com first ion the scripts then push to the
> rsync hosts.

d.f.r.c /is/ the rsync host.  Content gets rsynced to a netapp store in
Raleigh, NC.  netapp is constantly 'snapmirror' to mirror that content
out to public facing netapps which are both d.f.r.c and also the rsync
points for the rest of the mirroring system.  So it is somewhat
possible to catch a public mirror in a half updated state.  The only
workable ways around this are to limit all changes to the content to
once or twice a day and have strict sync times to ensure that the data
is fully set.  That means no more rushed updates, no more "instant"
appearance of extras pushes, etc....

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora