Re: Koji cannot build openldap

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 08:45:53AM +0200, Jan Safranek wrote:
Maybe POSIX does allow such behavior, but it will break lot of packages - for example all packages who use Berkeley DB (which is my case). I

Patching the DB would result in >500 changed lines and I am bit skeptical about upstream accepting such patch - it would break API compatibility.

Excuse me, but how does adding a parenthesis pair affect API compatibility?
If you write (dbm->open) (one, two, three, four); then it is the right
way to avoid open (or replace open with any kind of standard function
defined in the system headers) from being expanded as function-like macro.

That's it, you have to write (dbm->open) (...). You have to modify the sources of all applications using Berkeley DB, even if the structure member name is the same as before. In my interpretation of the word it is incompatibility (while yours may be different and I respect that).

Jan