New license question regarding libcaca

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Aug 6 08:40:30 UTC 2007

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Libaca is licensed under the "DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO PUBLIC
> LICENSE". Here is the full text (it's so short) :
>
>             DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
>                     Version 2, December 2004
>
>  Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar
>   22 rue de Plaisance, 75014 Paris, France
>  Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified
>  copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long
>  as the name is changed.
>
>             DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
>    TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
>
>   0. You just DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO.
>
> Permanent link : http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/COPYING
>
> It's pretty much Public Domain with the obligation of changing the name
> for redistribution. What should I do regarding the license field of the
> package? Do we need to add a new "WTFPL" possible entry? :-) The
> libcaca sources also come with copies of the GPLv2 and LGPLv2, but
> those aren't referenced anywhere in the source code, except the
> autotools part.
>
> Matthias
>
> PS: The original License text doesn't have the "**".

This license is already on the list of approved licenses:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing

The Short form for in the spec file is: WTFPL

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Great to still see you active, as you've been very quiet with regards to
rpmfusion. Thorsten has got us a workable infra, all we are really waiting for
before moving forward is you, so if you could please spare 15 minutes to tell
us where you stand that would be awesome!