Re: Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:11:56 +0200
Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm ATrpms net> wrote:

> And yes, the buildsystem is not capable to handle secondary arch,
> that's my speech, e.g. this is a reuqest to implement this sooner than
> later to not have packagers do the exclude/include jumbo. The work to
> support secondary archs is needed anyway, and doing it now will save
> lots of specfile messing.

But we're not talking about a secondary arch, we're talking about a
primary arch.  Like it or not, ppc (and thus ppc64) is a primary arch
set and must addressed just like the other primary arches.

As for secondary arches, the current proposal would not stop you from
building your package if the build fails on the secondary arch.  It's
up to the secondary arch team to either get your build working, or work
with you to insert an ExcludeArch.  But it doesn't have to be done
immediately to get your primary update out.