Re: Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> writes:
> But we're not talking about a secondary arch, we're talking about a
> primary arch.  Like it or not, ppc (and thus ppc64) is a primary arch
> set and must addressed just like the other primary arches.

I really find it troublesome that anyone thinks they shouldn't be
primary.  If the only primary arches are x86/x86_64, then packagers will
basically not have any forcing function to make them worry about whether
the code is portable to any non-Intel platform.  I think that at minimum
we need a bigendian arch or two in the primary set, just so that there's
at least a token requirement for portability.  Else the secondary arches
are *all* doomed to failure in the long run.

			regards, tom lane