Re: Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:16:06 +0100
Andrew Haley <aph redhat com> wrote:

> Bugs found when chasing down portability problems are often real bugs,
> not just non-portable code.  For that reason, 100% of our users
> benefit from portable code, not just the 1% who use minor
> architectures.  It's in everyone's interest that Fedora code is real C
> (or C++).

But when that bug doesn't effect the majority of our user base, do
those users really care?  Should the?  Yes.  Do they?  No.  "It works
for me and my major arch, why should I care that it broke on your silly
arch?"