Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 6 20:21:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:09:57AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:11:56 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:46:48AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > ARM is not an official secondary arch to my knowledge.  The Fedora
> > > buildsystem isn't able to handle secondary arch stuff yet.  And I
> > > suspect SPARC will be there first anyway.
> >
> > Didn't fesco vote on arm already on June the 12th?
>
> No.  On July 12, we approved the Secondary arch proposal in general.

I didn't make that up ...

    * Board approves and welcomes ARM as a secondary architecture

> We didn't approve any architectures as official secondary arches.  It
> would be pointless to do so, since the buildsystem isn't setup yet.

The same board decided shortly before that once there is another
secondary arch besides ppc they would both be treated as such.

So on June 12 the boards decided that ppc and arm are secondary
arches.

(Yes, I mistaked fesco for the board in my original quote, so maybe
your talking about fesco and I'm talking about the board, board wins ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net