Re: Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds (was: Dealing with ppc64 BRs)

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:51:31 -0400
"Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa redhat com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 22:21 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > The same board decided shortly before that once there is another
> > secondary arch besides ppc they would both be treated as such.
>
> I actually attended that meeting, and this is not what the board
> decided.
>
> They decided to defer the question of where ppc would land until another
> secondary arch was successfully implemented. Until then, it remains a
> primary arch.

Right.  And until the buildsys bits are in place, none of this matters.

It's very simple.  The concept of Secondary arches has been approved.
The implementation of it doesn't yet exist.  Until it can be
technically achieved, the Board and ack whatever arches they want and
it doesn't matter.

josh