ocaml on 'non-intel-arch' (WAS: Re: Make ppc64 secondary arch - don't block builds)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 7 07:55:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 09:31 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
> Hi David!
>
> On 08/07/2007 09:26 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I think that's perhaps a little harsh in some cases. Take the blocker
> > in Ralf's case, for example -- ocaml. I wouldn't necessarily expect a
> > package maintainer to be willing and able to port its code generation
> > back end to any new architecture which we happen to add to Fedora;
> > that really is the job of the 'arch team'.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> I also see problems compiling ocaml on Alpha - maybe you can tell me
> your progress on that?

I haven't looked at it. What's the problem?

I know ocaml is working fine on ppc, and mostly OK on ppc64 (where
'mostly' means the compiler itself and most test programs seem to run,
although freetennis segfaults after startup. Which is why it isn't in
the build system yet). It looks like it ought to have Alpha support too.

--
dwmw2