expat soname bump & mass rebuilds

I'm looking into upgrading expat to 2.0, which means a soname bump
requiring rebuilds of about 65 packages.  (currently I'm churning
through mock rebuilds to see what breaks)

Is a mass rebuild planned at any point during this development cycle?
e.g. for the buildid stuff?  I think it would make sense to put off the
expat update until then, if so, to avoid doing this many unnecessary
builds.

Regards,

joe