build-id magic (was: F8 packagers note: new find-debuginfo.sh script)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Aug 9 10:49:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 02:53:25AM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I've seen this floating around a lot lately, but did not have the time
> > to follow up the discussions. Is there a pointer to some nice summary
> > of what this does and why we should buy it? :)
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBuildId

Thanks, that's more than just a summary, it's a very good project
documentation and planning, I wish this colors off to the rest of us :)

So I guess once everything is in place (all NEEDED parts in the wiki
removed) we will have a scheduled mass-rebuild of everything that is
not noarch. I think there were also other items in need of
mass-rebuilds (license changes, maybe more), so the rel-eng team would
probably have to strategically place one mass-rebuild somewhere in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule

Maybe between test2 and test3 as there is not really enough time until
test2 (and many maintainers are low on power during vacation time).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net