two questions

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 13:03:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 21:56 +1000, John Pye wrote:
> Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> >> (2) once my package is uploaded at it gets the NEXTRELEASE status, how
> >> does my package, which is currently shown with
> >> 'dist-fc7-updates-candidate' tag in koji, end up eventually in the
> >> Fedora Updates repository? Are there more steps that I need to follow?
> >> Is there some other review happening?
> >>

> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#head-5fe724060ca02046dde01278eb83f8a02dca3929
> >
> > You basically use Bodhi to request the package to be pushed to
> > updates-testing. After staying there for a week or so, if there are no
> > bugs you again request it to be pushed to updates.
> >

> OK, as far as I can tell, I have pushed both 'fityk' and 'sundials' to
> Fedora Updates Testing. Should I expect to see them here?
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/7/i386/
>
> If not, where? Or is there a delay?
>
> And where can I check to see that the package has gone out to FC6 users?
> (is there a 'testing' repository for that one too?)

Packages built in the FC-6/ branch (make build) will go out without any
additional work.

Packages built in the F-7/ branch (and future stable branches) will need
to have an update generated in bodhi and be pushed to either testing or
updates before they will show up in either the testing or updates
repository. You'll get an email notifying you when this happens, there
is a slight delay here.

Packages built in the devel/ branch will go into the repo without any
additional work.

~spot