two questions

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 13:53:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 23:48 +1000, John Pye wrote:

> I tried to find them in the 'repobrowser' but they're not there yet.
> What's the delay on that? Perhaps if I'm guessing, the repobrowser
> static pages are rebuilt nightly?

I think that's right, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know that you can
almost immediately use built packages as BuildRequires for other
packages here. There is a short delay while the packages are signed
(which happens once a day, usually).

> > Packages built in the F-7/ branch (and future stable branches) will need
> > to have an update generated in bodhi and be pushed to either testing or
> > updates before they will show up in either the testing or updates
> > repository. You'll get an email notifying you when this happens, there
> > is a slight delay here.
> >

> Should I take that to mean minutes, hours or days? Where can I check
> authoritatively to determine that they are now available for general
> download?

A day at the most. Logging into Bodhi and looking at "My Updates" will
show you authoritatively where they are in the process.

~spot