expat soname bump & mass rebuilds

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Aug 9 16:40:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:21:52PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:13:44 +0100
> Joe Orton <jorton at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Is a mass rebuild planned at any point during this development
> > cycle? e.g. for the buildid stuff?  I think it would make sense to
> > put off the expat update until then, if so, to avoid doing this many
> > unnecessary builds.
>
> Yes, as well as for buildflags on ppc and for picking up licensing
> clarifications.  No date has emerged yet for this though, and test2 is
> rapidly approaching.

As an aside, I'm (still) trying to get a complete rebuild run done
privately, to post as usual on linux.dell.com.  It's taking a bit
longer than expected mostly due to problems on my end, but hopefully
I'll have nagmails to send by this weekend for everything that hasn't
rebuilt cleanly against rawhide in the past 2 weeks.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux