Re: License review for new itext version

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:07:10 +0100
"Jonathan Underwood" <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:

> On 12/08/07, Jochen Schmitt <Jochen herr-schmitt de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > in the past we have removed itext and pdftk which depends on itext
> > from the Fedora distribution due
> > license issue.
> >
> > In the new iText package itext-2.0.4 I have found a text file about
> > the licensing situation of the
> > source file coming from Sun Corporation Inc.
> >
> > I have uploaded this file for review on
> >
> > http://www.herr-schmitt.de/pub/itext/sun.txt
> >
> > I want to know, it this ok for Fedora. But I assume, that the last
> > term about usage this
> > file for nuclear weapons may be a blocker.
>
> Not wishing to be pedantic, but "nuclear facility" does not
> necessarily imply "nuclear weapons".

True.  Which makes it even more restrictive.

But it doesn't really matter.  It could say "not licensed for use in
Josh Boyer's toaster" and it would still be a restriction.

josh

Because I _so_ want a toaster that runs Linux and uses iText!
Imagine... a pdf burned onto your morning toast!