Re: The open() system call in f8 really broken...

On Thursday 16 August 2007 10:12:24 Steve Dickson wrote:
> This is were I disagree because a presidents has been set (for
> a large number of years) that this is *not* an abort-able offense.

What about buffer overflows? This is detected and an immediate abort occurs.
This is the same kind of thing.

> Give people a chance to correct their code, with stern warnings,
> and then, in the next release, have the applications abort...
> Why is this such a bad idea?

I think a mass rebuild will flush out the majority of the problem places. An
app that does not have a mode when O_CREATE is passed should cause the
compiler to error out.

-Steve