Re: The open() system call in f8 really broken...

Oliver Falk wrote:
Most developers I know, don't worry about >warnings<, but do if their
code aborts. If a developer then doesn't worry about the real (security)
problem, but only about the abort itself and just workaround that - it's
simply a fault... The other option? stderr "FIX YOUR OPEN :-P"; sleep
600. :-)

If you compile the whole Fedora tree, how many warnings will you see?
How many warnings are about 'better use mkstemp' - for security
reasons... If you don't abort you'll not catch the developers
attention... It's too bad, but true... Don't want to step on dev's toes
of course - it's for sure not true for *all* developers!
I was talking about runtime warnings... Really nasty looking messages
so they couldn't be ignored...

steved.