Re: GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:19:36 +0200
Tomas Janousek <tjanouse redhat com> wrote:

> What I'm trying to say is that if The Program does not mention what
> license it is being licensed in *at all*, does it really mean it's
> GPL?

Only if the COPYING file unmodified exists along side it.  If there is
no mention of license, and there is no COPYING file, or no other such
documentation that would give a hint as to what the license of the
software is, it would be unlicensed, and we should stay away from it
until the author(s) apply some sort of license.  We can helpfully
suggest a few, like the wtfpl...