GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 17:26:50 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> wrote:
> /me imagines an angry author shouting at C violation by Fedora because
> we mark something GPL+ instead of GPLv2+ or GPLv3+

Any upstream that would get in a huff over this should already be at
our door with pitchforks and torches in hand for just using the string
"GPL" in the past. As we clean it up I have no doubt we will get some
of them wrong, but thats OKAY. I welcome as much communication as
necessary with upstream developers to clarify exactly what variation
of GPL is being used in more complicated cases.

-jef