The open() system call in f8 really broken...

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 17:32:15 UTC 2007

Oliver Falk wrote:

> Bugs in the apps will be found, by abort() sooner than by warning out...
But won't error out the call do exactly the same thing?? It closes
the security hole by stopping the app in its tracks and allow
the app to recover... I just don't understand why that is
so wrong... Please educate me...

> And I don't expect any critical production system to go down over
> night.... There where other problems (I can remeber filesystem
> corruptions in older release) that where far more worse!
yes... and there was no recovery from that... but we just called
that a hardware problem... ;-)

steved.