Re: The open() system call in f8 really broken...

Steve Dickson <SteveD redhat com> writes:

> Oliver Falk wrote:
>>
>> Bugs in the apps will be found, by abort() sooner than by warning out...
> But won't error out the call do exactly the same thing?? It closes
> the security hole by stopping the app in its tracks and allow
> the app to recover... I just don't understand why that is
> so wrong... Please educate me...

First, if your application needed to create a file and failed to, what
will it do next?  Retry?  That will fail.  Exit?  How is this
better than an abort with more useful information?

Steve, honestly, take a step back.  The tools found a bug in your code
for you.  Celebrate.  End the day 15 minutes early and have a beer.
That's free work.

-Jeff