Re: The open() system call in f8 really broken...

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Anyway, cases where open has compile time constant oflag argument
will be handled by the compile time error if mode is missing and O_CREAT
is present, so no need to worry about it - the mass rebuild will find
them all.  The case steved was moaning about is when oflag is not
__builtin_constant_p.  We can check even those cases after the mass rebuild,
simply check what programs or shared libraries use
__open{,at}{,64}_2@@GLIBC_2.7 symbols and check all those manually.

Assuming you can even get the package to build. I've got a bizarre corner case in alsa-oss that I can't make heads or tails of. :-(

     Jima