Re: No python in koji

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 02:58:44PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:53:10 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm ATrpms net> wrote:
>
> > trying to build something that uses
> >
> > Requires:       python-abi = %(%{__python} -c "import sys ; print
> > sys.version[:3]")
>
> You're not supposed to use that, for quite some time now.

OK, but that's only half the story, what about

%{!?python_sitearch:%global python_sitearch %(%{__python} -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib(1)")}

which is not defined and needed. And for anything that will require a
call to perl/python/ruby etc. to determine some parameters. It looks
like koji expands the specfile macros before it pulls in the
dependencies, so if it isn't in the minimal buildroot you can't use
something in %().

> > or similar breaks in koji with
> >
> > sh: /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory
> > sh: python: command not found
> > error: line 33: Version required: Requires: python-abi =
> >
> > See for example the smart builds for F7 and F8:
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=106564&name=root.log
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=106560&name=root.log
>
> again not supposed to use that.  And if you are building a python
> package, you need to BuildRequire python-devel.

That's what I do, still no joy - see for yourself at

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/*checkout*/rpms/smart/devel/smart.spec

> > also there are lots of non-fatal
> >
> > mount: XXXX already mounted or /var/lib/mock/YYY/root/XXX busy
> >
> > which don't seem kosher either.
>
> These are fine.  There are some disagreements between koji and mock
> about mount points, koji does it for mock and cleans up after mock
> should mock go awry.

Hm, not really comforting though that two basic building blocks don't
communicate better. Sounds like mock needs an option like
--do-not-setup-chroot-I-ll-do-that-for-you.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net