No python in koji

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Aug 17 19:36:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 03:23:00PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:15:16 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:
>
> > OK, but that's only half the story, what about
> >
> > %{!?python_sitearch:%global python_sitearch %(%{__python} -c "from
> > distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib(1)")}
> >
> > which is not defined and needed. And for anything that will require a
> > call to perl/python/ruby etc. to determine some parameters. It looks
> > like koji expands the specfile macros before it pulls in the
> > dependencies, so if it isn't in the minimal buildroot you can't use
> > something in %().
>
> Which is harmless for every case we've seen.  Since you don't list
> Requires: python-abi stuff anymore the Requires line isn't evaluated at
> this moment when the spec file is parsed for what the BuildRequires
> are.  Once the BuildRequires are in place and the build is started, all
> those things are there to do the evaluation and complete the build.
>
> If you continue to get build failures /after/ removing the Requires:
> python-abi stuff let me know and show me the logs.

No, I guess it won't, it only errored out on the Requires. But I still
feel this is very thin ice we're walking on. For one we break with
RHEL (which doesn't have python-abi in older releases, OK, as Fedora
we sometimes don't care about RHEL), for another we preclude many use
cases of %() in specfiles, e.g. anything that will break rpm's
specfile parses if %() returns %{nil}.

Anyway, I'm good to go with the issue at hand and don't really feel
like improving the rest of the world today ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net