Re: No python in koji

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 04:00:43PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:59:34 +0200
> Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm ATrpms net> wrote:
>
> > I think the workaround of requiring such careful design of macros is
> > more work than fixing koji.</says_the_man_wo_providing_the_patch>
>
> "fixing koji" to do what exactly?  Use a full install in the chroot
> when querying the spec and building the srpm?  Maybe the problem lies
> in RPM and not koji, to make RPM ignore it's Requires: stuff when you
> only care about the BuildRequires?

No, what I use in my ancient-dumber-than-kiss chroot builder is to
extract the BRs, install them and then kickstart any rpmbuild
machinery.

> (although isn't it fun that BuildRequires /are/ Requires in the
> source rpm?)

and you get the fact that these "Requires" are already macro expanded
so no chicken/egg situation here even if the BRs had had been
macroized.

So koji could do the following pseudo-code and avoid all troubles:

rpm -qRp foo-1-2.src.rpm | xargs yum --root=xxx --yes install
rpmbuild --root xxx ...

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net